If you love treats, especially free treats, here’s an event you’re sure to enjoy:
National Donut Day – or National Doughnut Day as some spell it – was established in 1938 by The Salvation Army to to honor The Salvation Army’s “Donut Lassies” who served these treats to soldiers during World War I and to raise funds for people in need during the depression. It is held annually on the first Friday of June. (aka tomorrow, June 1st!)
To celebrate this sweet memorial some of America’s favorite doughnut shops are offering freebies and/or awesome deals. So hop on board all you Donut Lad’s and Lassies and let’s see what delectable donut treats we can find!
- Participating Dunkin Donuts shops are offering a FREE donut with purchase of a Dunkin’ beverage. Offer is valid at participating shops June 1, while supplies are available. Browse local shops.
- Participating Krispy Kreme Doughnut shops are offering a FREE doughnut June 1, with no purchase required. Browse for local shops on the Krispy Kreme website.
- Participating Tim Hortons shops are offering customers who like the restaurant on Facebook a coupon for a FREE donut with purchase on June 1. Restaurant locations are featured on the website.
- Participating Shipley Do-Nuts shops are serving FREE donuts on June 1 from 5 a.m. to noon. Browse for local shops on the website.
- Entenmann’s and The Salvation Army are featuring a Donut Day Sweepstakes for lots of free donuts and other prizes. Enter online for FREE, no purchase necessary.