The buzz about coconut oil is big, and if you haven’t jumped onboard, now is the time. This natural oil, once shunned by health professionals, is now gaining press as a healthy source of fat in your diet. Other possible benefits of coconut oil include boosting your metabolism, improving thyroid function and increasing weight loss when used internally.
But coconut oil also does wonders when applied to your skin. A jar of coconut oil can be expensive, but prices have recently dropped because of increased production. Click here for a Two-Pack of Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil – Online Deal from Groupon!
Here are five easy ways to save on your beauty routine using coconut oil:
- Face wash. Washing your face with oil sounds counter-intuitive, but the results are striking. It cleanses and moisturizes your skin, and coconut oil’s antibacterial properties help to reduce breakouts. The oil is solid at room temperature, so just scoop a little out into your hands and rub into your face. Wash it off and the remaining residue will absorb into your skin as a moisturizer.
- Eye cream. Mix together Vitamin E and coconut oil to create a moisturizing, wrinkle-reducing eye cream. High-end eye creams can cost hundreds for just one jar, making this $5 version an affordable alternative. Plus, your skin will thank you for not filling it with chemicals.
- Shaving cream. Rub a little oil on your legs in the shower and get a close shave with the fresh smell of coconuts. It also moisturizes your legs so you can skip using lotion after.
- Eye makeup remover. Put a little coconut oil on a cotton pad and use it to safely remove any makeup, including waterproof mascara. Just wash your face after using.
- Cuticle, hand and body moisturizer. Rub coconut oil into your cuticles, hands and any dry areas to keep your skin moist in dry winter conditions. The oil is proven to increase hydration and reduce water loss, and it smells divine.
- Deep conditioner and hair tamer. Use coconut oil on dry hair to tame flyaways and add sheen, or rub it into your hair or scalp once a month as a deep conditioning treatment. Rinse out and follow with shampoo. Did I mention this oil helps with dandruff, too?
And speaking of Coconut oil here is a GREAT deal on a Two-Pack of Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil – Online Deal From Groupon!
- $19 for two 16-ounce tubs of Jarrow Formulas organic extra-virgin coconut oil ($33.90 list price)
- Free shipping
Jarrow Formulas’ organic extra-virgin coconut oil is an unrefined nectar expeller pressed from coconuts in a controlled indoor environment. The result is a pure formula rich in healthy fats like lauric and caprylic acids. Like its more traditional oil compatriots, coconut oil can be substituted into most recipes or bike chains in need.
- 100% organic
- Rich coconut flavor
- Unrefined and expeller pressed in a controlled indoor environment
- Great source of lauric and caprylic acid
- No hydrogenation
- Well suited to cooking and baking, just like a person with spatula hands
- Vegan friendly